Fabricated Metals and Machinery
We may not count industrial-scale metal fabrication and machining among Randolph county’s legacy industries, but this upstart sector is strong and growing with roughly 1,200 employees boasting highly technical skills. Randolph County is populated by makers, and our metal workers are some of the best. Welders, fabricators, machinists, and tool and die makers can be found in every nook and cranny of the county, in businesses large and small, manufacturing parts and components which are sold locally and across the globe. From aircraft seating to trailers, end mills to automotive parts, tooling to structural steel, a product manufacturer can be found right here in Randolph County. The need for employees has kept pace with the growth in this industry sector, and Randolph Community College is well equipped to provide the training and education needed to meet industry needs. The college’s Gene Haas Computer-Integrated Machining Institute offers a training facility equipped with state-of-the-art CNC equipment, and full-service welding labs at the Asheboro and Archdale campuses. Randolph County employers in this sector include global companies such as The Timken Company and Kennametal, and local operations such as Unique Tool and Manufacturing, a precision shop without a true competitor on the East Coast.
WE’RE YOUR GUIDE, YOUR PARTNER, YOUR PROBLEM SOLVER.
An entire community rooting for your success — that’s powerful, and it’s what you’ll find in Randolph County, NC. Our successful, innovative and committed leaders will help you leverage every opportunity our area has to offer. It is by design that we work to be your greatest ally as you put down roots here. We care about your organization and its impact for Randolph County. Whether you need help getting permitted, finding the best possible location or strategizing an expansion, you can count on the RCEDC to be there.
Our central location on the East Coast and in the heart
of North Carolina gives Randolph County unparalleled
RESOURCES & ACCESS
- Strategic location, centrally located between New York and Miami, and between Washington D.C. and Atlanta, providing easy access to more than 170 million consumers in the U.S. and Canada
- 2nd largest interstate highway system in the nation
- Gene Haas Computer-Integrated Machining offers training facility located at Randolph Community College, and full-service welding labs at two RCC campuses
- 11 universities and 9 community colleges that directly fuel your workforce
- Labor force within 50-mile radius ~1,000,000 with 11,000 employed in the fabricated metals and machinery sector
- Apprenticeship Randolph offers high school juniors and seniors skills and experience through on-the-job training
- Randolph County employers in this sector include global companies such as The Timken Company and Kennametal and local operations such as Unique Tool and Manufacturing