Over the past decade, the number of employees in plastics has nearly doubled to over 2,500, catapulting plastics into the second-largest manufacturing sector in Randolph County. Our 20-plus plastics companies make everything from lip balm tubes to cups, medical devices to grill brushes, industrial components to consumer packaging, PET to film. When it comes to plastics, Randolph County has companies that can make it, injection-mold it, extrude it, thermoform it, and color it. Then, when plastic products reach the end of their useful life, our recycling companies can process and repurpose it to help keep plastic out of landfills and waterways. Highly-skilled employees, advanced technology, and adept management have helped drive growth in Randolph County’s plastics sector. Our plastics companies have ready access to world-class technical assistance through the state-funded Polymers Center of Excellence based in Charlotte, and employee training is available through the Customized Industrial Training program housed at Randolph Community College. Among our many plastics companies, Randolph County is home to the headquarters of Technimark, a global leader in the industry and one of the County’s largest employers.
WE’RE YOUR GUIDE, YOUR PARTNER, YOUR PROBLEM SOLVER.
An entire community rooting for your success — that’s powerful, and it’s what you’ll find in Randolph County, NC. Our successful, innovative and committed leaders will help you leverage every opportunity our area has to offer. It is by design that we work to be your greatest ally as you put down roots here. We care about your organization and its impact for Randolph County. Whether you need help getting permitted, finding the best possible location or strategizing an expansion, you can count on the RCEDC to be there.
Our central location on the East Coast
makes Randolph County the place to
- Strategic location, centrally located between New York and Miami, and between Washington D.C. and Atlanta, providing easy access to more than 170 million consumers in the U.S. and Canada
- 2nd largest interstate highway system in the nation
- Customized Industrial Training program housed at Randolph Community College
- 11 universities and 9 community colleges that directly fuel your workforce
- Labor force within 50-mile radius ~1,000,000 with 10,000 employed in plastics
- Apprenticeship Randolph offers high school juniors and seniors skills and experience through on-the-job training
- 84% growth in plastics employees over the past decade
- Randolph County is home to the headquarters of Technimark