No matter which of our communities you end up calling home, you’ll be able to enjoy easy access to fantastic recreational opportunities and the benefits of a small town lifestyle with metropolitan areas close by. Perhaps the best part — knowing that you are part of a caring, supportive community that values people and what each of us can do for the greater good. Ask any business owner or community member here in Randolph County — we are an inclusive community that prioritizes what you do to make a positive impact in our community and in the world. We look for passion, purpose and the promise of something fresh and exciting that benefits us all. A sense of shared commitment runs through Randolph County, which is a critical intangible that is hard to find and a strength on which we’ll always lean. For more information on Randolph County's attraction visit Heart of North Carolina website.
- Creekside Park & Greenway with three miles of walking trails, state-of-the-art playgrounds, dog park, tennis courts, an orienteering course, and an 18-hole disc golf course. Seasonal events you will not want to miss include concerts and movies on the lawn.
- Home Of the North Carolina Zoo
It is the world’s largest natural habitat zoo, that has 1,800 animals that call our Park home.
- Asheboro Zookeepers
Catch the excitement of wooden-bat baseball.
- Uwharrie Mountains
The 1984 North Carolina Wilderness Act established the ancient Uwharrie Mountains - The Birkhead Mountains Wilderness. The Wilderness includes 5,160 acres at the northern end of the Uwharrie Mountains. All trails within the Wilderness are designated hiking trails.
- Combining history with recreation in Franklinville, the Deep River State Trail access points have riverside views perfect for seasonal walking, biking, and jogging.
- Victory Junction Camp
Is spread across 84 acres, allowing children to do what they do best— be kids, play, imagine, make friends and enjoy the adventures and experiences of camp life.
- Antique Festival
Semi annual festival attracts dealers from five state areas. Thousands visit Liberty the last weekend in April and September.
- Millstone Creek Orchards, a family-owned u-pick farm experience providing seasonal tours, children's garden, and the Apple Barn Country Store selling fresh local produce and jarred items. Discover the remains of a dam and a historic cotton mill built in 1850 at nearby Deep River State Trail access points.
- Petty Museum
Racecars, awards and photos honor this 7-Time Winston Cup Series Champion. See highlights of Richard's 35-year career in the mini-theater, and take home gifts for a favorite race fan. Gift shop, 14 cars, over 800 dolls, knife case, & belt buckles.
- North Carolina Pottery Center
The nation's only state pottery center. Ranked one of 39 best museums and galleries in the world.
- Seagrove is now home to over 80 potteries, where you can find everything from simple cups and bowls for daily use, to museum quality works of art, and everything in between.
- Original home of Trinity College, today Duke University